Create a Listing Template for eBay
This guide will help you to create a new template for listing to eBay.
Listing>eBay>Manage Listing Templates
1. Click on Create Listing Template.
Category Details tab
TIP: Wait for the new information to load before moving on to the next field.
2. Enter a Template Name.
3. Select your Expandly eBay Account from the drop-down menu.
4. Select the location of your account from the Market Place drop-down menu. For example, UK.
5. Select the main eBay Category from the drop-down menu.
6. Select any applicable subcategories from additional drop-down menus.
7. If you want to add your Store Categories, click into the box.
8. Select the Listing Style: Auction; Fixed Price Item; Stores Fixed Price. If you select Stores Fixed Price, you can select GTC (Good Till Cancelled) on the Listing Duration.
9. Select the Listing Duration from the drop-down menu: 5, 7, 10 or 30 days. If you have selected Stores Fixed Price on the Listing Style, you can also choose GTC as the Listing Duration.
10. Select the Item Condition from the drop-down menu.
11. If you wish to use the template with product variation, click in the box next to Variation Allowed.
12. Click Next to continue to the next tab.
Item Specification tab
You can set item specifics, e.g. colour, style, or brand. Your eBay Category determines the type of item specifics available.
1. Select an option on each item specific drop-down menu. There are four options: None; eBay Recommended; Custom Value; Custom Field.
- None: This option is the default setting for each item specific.
- eBay Recommended: If you select this option, a second drop-down menu will appear. The second drop-down menu is populated by item specifics from the eBay catalogue.
- Custom Value: This option allows you to enter your own item specific into a text field.
- Custom Field: If you have set any custom fields, you can add them using this option.
2. Click Next to continue to the next tab.
Shipping Presets tab
1. If you have already created a Shipping Preset, you can select it from the Select Presets drop-down menu.
2. Click Add Presets to populate the fields with your preset information.
3. Click on Next to continue to the next tab.
1. If you need to create a new Shipping Preset, click on Add Presets.
You will see the Add Ebay Presets pop-up screen.
2. Select the location of your account from the Market Place drop-down menu. For example, UK.
3. Enter a Presets Title.
Shipping Details and Payment Methods tab
Payment and Shipping
1. Select the Dispatch Time from the drop-down menu.
2. Select Flat from the Shipping Type drop-down menu.
3. Select a shipping Service from the drop-down menu.
4. If you have selected an international shipping service, select Location from the drop-down menu.
5. Select the Mode. If you want the shipping to be no cost to the buyer, select Free. If you want to set a shipping cost, select Custom Value.
6. If you have selected Custom Value as the Mode, enter the shipping Cost for a single product.
7. If you wish to increase the shipping cost with each additional item purchased, enter Additional Item Cost.
8. If you wish to offer additional shipping services, click Add Service.
1. Click into the box next to PayPal Accepted.
2. Enter your PayPal Email Address. You must have a PayPal account to list to eBay.
3. On the Other Payment Methods drop-down menu, select PayPal. This is necessary to list successfully to eBay. You can also select any additional payment methods you wish to offer.
4. Click on Next to continue to the next tab.
Return Policy and Listing Upgrades tab
1. Select the Return Policy: Returns Accepted; Returns Not Accepted.
2. Select the Refund option:
- Money Back: This is the most common option.
- Money back or exchange (buyer’s choice): US sellers.
- Money back or replacement (buyer’s choice): US sellers.
3. Select who the Postage Will Be Given By: Buyer; Seller.
4. Select the duration within which the Item Must be Returned Within: 14, 30 or 60 days.
5. Enter any Additional Return Details.
Note: Listing upgrades carry additional eBay fees which are charged at the time of listing. These fees are non-refundable.
1. Select any Listing Enhancements from the drop-down menu.
2. If you wish to add the eBay Best Offer, click in the box next to Best offer in product.
3. Enter the Item Location: city, state (if applicable) and country. For example, London, UK. This is a required field.
4. Enter the Post Code for your location.
5. Scroll up to the top of the screen and click Save to return to the template.
6. Select your new shipping preset from the Select Presets drop-down menu. The screen will populate the shipping preset fields.
7. Click Next to continue to the next tab.
Optional Fields tab
If you have set any Custom Fields, you can add them in this section.
The Optional Fields section allows you use a template to alter pre-existing product fields. By setting the product field values here, the original product field values will be overridden by the template.
TIP: You must create your Custom Fields before you create your template.
1. On the field which holds the value you wish to override, select a Custom Field from the drop-down menu.
The Description field offers two choices: Custom Name or HTML Template. Once you click into one of the circles, you can then select the Custom Field in the resulting drop-down menu.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Save to Product & Create Template.
3. Scroll up to the top of the screen to click on Save.
You can find your new template on the Manage Listing Templates page.
Listing>eBay>Manage Listing Templates