Create a Listing Template: Amazon
This guide will help you to create a new template for listing to Amazon.
Amazon Listing Template
Listing>Amazon>Manage Listing Templates
- Click on Create Listing Template.
Category Details tab
TIP: Wait for the new information to load before moving on to the next field.
1. Enter a Template Name.
2. Select your Expandly Amazon Account from the drop-down menu.
3. Select the location of your account from the Market Place drop-down menu. For example, UK.
4. Select the main Amazon Category from the drop-down menu. Selecting the following categories will add more optional fields to the screen: Clothing; ProductClothing; Shoes.
- Select the Product Type from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Condition Type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the Handling Time.
- If your Amazon account Is FBA, select Yes from the drop-down menu.
- If you wish to use the template with product variation, click in the box next to Variation Allowed.
Additional Optional Fields for Clothing and Shoes
- If you have selected Clothing, ProductClothing or Shoes as your Amazon Category, you will be able to add further details to your Template. You can enter information into a text field or select an option from a drop-down menu.
- Select one of the Amazon Departments from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a colour for the products on your template in the Color
- Select a colour from the ColorMap drop-down menu.
- Enter a Size in the text field.
- Select a size from the SizeMap drop-down menu.
- Enter details about the MaterialComposition of the products on your template.
- Select an OuterMaterial from the drop-down menu.
5. Click on the Shipping Presets tab.
Shipping Presets tab
1. Select your shipping preset from the Select Shipping Presets drop-down menu.
The details from the shipping preset will populate the fields on the page.
BTG Node and Shipping Details
Amazon’s BTG (Browse Tree Guides) create pathways from main categories to subcategories. A node is a point in a pathway that leads to subcategories.
2. If you need to edit or add a BTG node, click on Edit BTG Node.
This will enable you to select different options from the BTG Category and Node drop-down menus, or add an additional BTG Category and Node.
3. If you wish to have an additional category, click Add BTG Node.
4. Select a BTG Category from the drop-down menu.
5. Select a BTG Node from the drop-down menu. The Item Type Keyword field will populate with a number.
You can select up to two Category/Node combinations.
6. If you need to delete one of your Category/Node combinations, click onto the adjacent red bin icon.
7. Select the Service from the drop-down menu.
8. Select the Mode from the drop-down menu. You can choose Additive to allow combined shipping or Exclusive to set one shipping cost per product.
9. Enter the shipping Cost.
10. If you wish to offer additional shipping services, click Add Service.
11. Click on the Item Specification tab.
Item Specification tab
Any item specifications related to your Amazon Category will populate in the Category Wise SpecificationName section.
Any item specifications related to your Product Type will populate in the Product Type Wise SpecificationName.
1. If you need to add item specifications, click into a box to select one or more of them.
2. Click Get Specification Details. An Item Specification section will load at the bottom of the screen.
3. Enter details into the Specification Value text field or drop-down menu.
- If your product will be discontinued, enter the Discontinue Date.
- If your product has not yet been released, enter the future Release Date.
- If your product needs a CPSIA Warning, select one from the drop-down menu. This is appropriate if your product is intended for children and contains a choking hazard.
- If you have been advised by Amazon to give an additional warning description, enter the CPSIA Warning Description in the text field.
- You can enter a Legal Disclaimer.
- You can select a Delivery Channel: in_store or direct_ship.
- If your product needs a TSD Warning, select one or more from the drop-down menu. This is appropriate if your product is intended for children and requires age suitability information or a safety warning.
- If your product needs a Proposition 65 warning (US sellers), tick the box next to Prop65. This is appropriate if your product will be sold in the State of California and contains chemicals on the Proposition 65 list.
- If you wish to offer gift wrap, tick the box next to Gift Wrap Available. The Gift Wrap option needs to be enabled on your Amazon account.
- If you wish to offer gift messages, tick the box next to Gift Message Available. The Gift Message option needs to be enabled on your Amazon account.
- If the product is no longer being made, tick the box next to Discontinued By Manufacturer.
4. Click on the Optional Fields tab.
Optional Fields tab
If you have set any Custom Fields, you can add them in this section.
The Optional Fields section allows you use a template to alter pre-existing product fields. By setting the product field values here, the original product field values will be overridden by the template.
- On the field which holds the value you wish to override, Select a Custom Field from the drop-down menu.
Saving your Template
- Once you have finished adding the information you need, scroll up to the top of the screen to click Save.
You should be able to find your new template on the Manage Amazon Listing Templates page.
Listing>Amazon>Manage Listing Templates
You are now ready to create a new listing on Amazon.