Create a Manual Sales Order
This guide will help you to manually create a sales order.
TIP: Make sure you have first added the customer on Expandly.
Sales Orders>Manage Sales Orders
1. Select Manual Order from the Create Order drop-down menu.
2. Enter a Customer name and click on the search icon. Their details should populate the available fields on the page.
- If there is no match, you can click Add to create a customer in Expandly.
3. Select a Currency from the drop-down menu. This field defaults to GBP.
4. Enter the order number in the Primary Order/Record No.
5. Enter the Order Date.
6. Select the Order Source from the drop-down menu. This field defaults to eBay.
- Use the Bill To drop-down menu to select the address which will be billed. This field defaults to the Shipping address.
- Use the Ship To drop-down menu to select the address to which the order will be shipped. This field defaults to the Shipping address.
- Use the Ship From drop-down menu to select the location from which the order will be shipped. This field defaults to the Primary Warehouse.
- If you have a shipping service, you can select it from the Ship Service drop-down menu.
- Enter the customer’s Email address if necessary.
- Enter the customer’s Phone number if necessary.
- Enter a Secondary Order/Record No. if necessary.
7. Enter the product title or SKU in the Item
8. Enter the Quantity of items ordered.
9. Enter the Price of each item.
- Enter the Weight of the item.
- Enter a percentage Discount. For example, 5 would indicate five percent.
- If you wish to offer gift messages or gift wrap with the order, click on the green gift icon below Action. An additional row of fields will appear below.
- Enter Gift Message Text.
- Enter GiftWrap Level.
- If you want to delete the Gift Message and Gift Wrap row, click on the red bin icon.
- You can choose whether to Allocate Stock for the order. Select Yes or No from the drop-down menu. If you select Yes, this should alter your available stock numbers in Expandly.
- If you need to add additional items to the order, click on Add More Items.
- Select a sales charge from the Charges drop-down menu. The other fields in this row should automatically populate. Alternatively, add a new sales charge and fill out the rest of the fields on the row.
- Enter the Quantity of charges.
- Enter the Price of each charge.
- The Tax and Total fields should automatically populate from the values you have entered.
10. Select the Payment Status of the order from the drop-down menu: Paid, Cancelled or Unpaid. This field defaults to Paid.
The Amount Paid should calculate automatically from the Payment Status, Price and Tax values you have entered. If your Payment Status is Paid, the Amount Paid should have the total cost of the order plus shipping and tax, while the Amount Due shows zero. If your Payment Status is Cancelled or Unpaid, the Amount Paid should show zero, while the Amount due should show the total cost of the order plus shipping and tax.
- Enter a Transaction ID.
- Select a Payment Method from the drop-down menu.
- Enter any additional notes in Order note.
- Select a Tax (if necessary) from the drop-down menu.
- If you want the tax to be added onto the cost of the order, click into the circle next to Exclusive Tax. This is the default field.
- If you do not want the tax to be added onto the cost of the order, click into the circle next to Inclusive Tax.
- The grey fields on the right of the Order Summary, including Sub Total and Gross Total, should calculate automatically based on the numerical values you have entered or generated.
- Click Add more tax to create an additional tax field.
- If you want to delete one of the tax fields, click on the red bin icon beside it.
11. When you have finished filling out the Order fields, click Create at the bottom of the page. This action will return you to the Manage Sales Orders page where you should see your newly created order.
You can now create a manual sales order.