In this guide, we will show you how to connect your BigCommerce account to Expandly, which will allow you to manage your BigCommerce products & variations, listings, sales orders and stock levels.
Setting up your BigCommerce account for Expandly
1. Log into your BigCommerce account and click Advanced Settings (left menu) and then API Accounts
2. On the API Accounts screen, click Create API Account
3. Name the account 'Expandly', ensure that all the options are switched to 'Modify' and then click Save
4. On the next screen, copy down the Client ID and Access Token - Keep these safe as you will need these in Expandly later on
5. Click Done and then open the API credentials txt that has downloaded
6. In the file, find and copy the text from 'stores' to '/v3'
From: 'Expandly API PATH: https://api.bigcommerce.com/stores/2uzpgyx4t0/v3/'
Copy down: 'stores/2uzpgyx4t0'
Adding BigCommerce to Expandly
1. Select Settings (left menu) and then Sales Channels:
2. Click (top right) and then click on the BigCommerce logo
3. Click and confirm:
Account Name - the name you'll use to identify this account in Expandly (if you have multiple BigCommerce accounts to add to Expandly, we would recommend making the Account Names unique, so you can easily differentiate between the accounts within the platform)
Store URL - the URL of the website you are adding to Expandly
Context - as copied from the API Credentials txt file
Client ID - as copied from BigCommerce
Access Token - as copied from BigCommerce
Merge Setting - this will determine how you want to merge your products in Expandly, when importing from BigCommerce
4. Click and then
5. Congratulations! Your BigCommerce account is now connected to Expandly
Now that you've added BigCommerce to Expandly, you might want to:
Need more help?
If you need a little extra help, no problem. Contact us, and we'll talk you through the steps.