In this guide, we will show you how to import existing listings from your sales channels such as eBay, Amazon or Shopify, into Expandly.
Before you start
- Before importing your listings to Expandly, you will need to make sure you have added your Sales Channels to your Expandly account. This can either be done via the Set Up Wizard or please see the Sales Channels section of the Help Centre for more details:
- We would also recommend that prior to importing your listings to Expandly that you have checked your merge settings and these are set up correctly as this will determine how your products are imported to Expandly. Our merge settings are;
SKU and/or title - Where SKU and/or Titles match across your channel listings, we will auto merge the listings together and create one product on Expandly for you to manage
SKU only - Where SKUs match across your channel listings, we will auto merge the listings together
Title only - Where Titles match across your channel listings, we will auto merge the listings together
Do not merge - We will not merge your listings together, even if there are SKU and/or title matches, so separate products will be created for each listing imported
- To ensure that your products & listings automatically merge together on Expandly, if this is your preferred option, we recommend ensuring that your SKUs match across your sales channels before importing into Expandly.
Importing your existing listings into Expandly
1. Click Products & Listings (from the LH side Navigation Pane) and under the sales channel you want to import from, click Manage Listings
2. On the Manage Listings page, click Import Listings (top right)
3. On the Import Listings popup, select the Account, Country (if applicable), Import (from and to) Dates you want to import & whether you wish to import Active Listings Only (this is auto-selected so please untick should you wish to also import inactive listings to Expandly)
Please Note: The From and To Date information added when importing listings to Expandly must cover when the listings were first created on the sales channel - Please make sure you go back far enough with the date range selection to ensure that all products and listings import to Expandly for you.
5. Expandly will then start fetching your listings from your sales channel(s). Please allow 30 minutes for this to complete, although for some channels (and if you have a high volume of listings to import) you may see this take slightly longer. Once Expandly has finished importing your selected listing, they will appear on your Manage Listing and Manage Products pages for you.
Need more help?
If you need a little extra help, not problem. Contact us, and we'll talk you through the steps.