In this guide, we will show you how to list your products to Shopify, using Expandly
Before you start
Before listing products to Shopify via Expandly you must have:
Synced and Imported your Shopify categories
You can do this by clicking Products and Listings > Shopify > Manage Shopify Category >
Channel Requirements to list to Shopify
To successfully list to Shopify you must:
- Apply Category information to your product prior to attempting list
- Provide main SKU details on your products
- Not exceed Shopify's 123 character length for product Titles
- Apply text descriptions to your products - Shopify do not accept html formats
Listing products to Shopify
If you are hoping to push many products to Shopify simultaneously, please follow this process
1. Click Products and Listings(left menu) > Shopify > List Products
2. On your Shopify List Products page, select the Shopify Account you wish to list to from the drop-down menu (top left) to display the products available to list
3. Find and select the product(s) you want to list by scrolling or using the filters at the top
4. If you haven't done so already, select and apply the product category from the drop-down
5. Click Bulk Actions(top right) > List Now
6. The product(s) selected will then be in a queue to be listed to Shopify. Status progress can be view on your Shopify > Listing Status page if required.
Listing products to Shopify and other sales channels
If you are hoping to push one product to many sales channels simultaneously, please follow this process
1. Click Products and Listings(left menu) > Manage Products
2. Find the product you want to list and click the edit icon
3. On the Sales Channel tab, edit the sales-channel required information for all channels/accounts you are wishing to push the product to. For Shopify you will be required to:
- Apply Category information to the product
- Provide a main SKU
- Ensure your product Title does not exceed Shopify's character limit of 123. If your main title does, you will be required to provide a shortened title on the Shopify Sales Channel Tab, and this will be the title applied to this channel/account, when listing
4. Click Save > Save and List Now (top right)
5. Select the channels/accounts you wish to list the product to
7. The product selected will then be in a queue to be listed to all channel you selected. Status progress of these listings can be viewed via your channel Listing Status paged if required.
Need more help?
If you need a little extra help, no problem. Contact us, and we'll talk you through the steps.