Update products in bulk via CSV
If you're editing only a few fields or select information, you might find it easier to create a custom CSV to edit, that only contains those fields. If you want your CSV to contain all product information, then skip this step.
1. Go to the Template Designer (left menu > Configuration > Order settings > template designer.
2. Find the Products CSV/Text template and click on the copy icon to copy and name
3. Find the copied file and click on the edit icon . Once in the file, remove any of the fields that you won't be updating and, once finished, click Update
1. First, you need to export your products into a CSV file from the Manage products page (click Products & Listings (left menu) and then Manage Products)
2. From the Manage Products page, select the products you want to export using the tick boxes (right side) or leave blank to export all of your products
3. Click Bulk Actions (top) > Export Products
4. Select the format you want to export in (CSV or text) and select the Products CSV/Text template or the custom CSV that you have created - your file will begin downloading automatically
(Note: if you have not created any CSV templates, only the Products CSV/Text default template will show)
1. Edit your products directly in the downloaded CSV file (being careful not to amend the Product ID in the first column
2. Save the file to your computer once done
1. Back on the Manage Product Page, click Add Product (top right) and select Add via CSV or TXT
2. Drag and drop your spreadsheet into the Drop Zone, or manually select the file by clicking Choose File
3. Click the green Upload button and wait for confirmation that the upload was successful
Now you've amended products in Expandly, you might want to:
Need more help?
If you need a little extra help, no problem. Contact us, and we'll talk you through the steps.