Merge or link products and quantities in Expandly, to ensure accurate stock levels.
If you have a product that appears differently on each of your sales channels (i.e. because of a different SKU, product title, or variation option) you can link or merge quantities so your stock levels are automatically adjusted.
Product merge - If a single product (with no variations) has a different SKU or product title on different sales channels, you'll need to do a product merge
Variation merge - If a product with variations has different SKUs or product titles on different sales channels, you'll need to do a variation merge
Linking quantities - If a product appears on one sales channel as part of a variation, and on another sales channel singularly, you'll need to link the quantities
I sell pink socks, one size fits all, under SKU 123 on Amazon and SKU 321 on eBay. I'll need to do a product merge to link the quantities.
I sell blue socks with variations (adult or kids), under SKUs 12A and 12K on Amazon, and SKUs 21A and 21K on eBay. I'll need to do a variation merge to link the quantities.
I sell yellow socks with variations (adult or kids) under SKUs 13A and 13K on Amazon, but I only sell kids yellow socks on eBay (13K). I'll need to link quantities to to link the quantities.
Before merging products and variations, it's important to note:
- If using Amazon, select the Amazon product as the primary product
- If merging variations, ensure attributes are an exact match across channels (alternatively, you can link quantities instead)
1. From the Manage Products page click Product sync (top right) and select either:
- Product merge - Linking a product without variations that has a different SKU or product title
- Variation merge - Linking a product with variations that has different SKUs or product titles
- Linking quantities - Linking the quantities of a product with variations on one sales channel but no variations on another sales channel
2. Select the primary product on the next screen and click Next to map the primary variations
3. Confirm the merge does not infringe the rules of your sales channels
1. From the Manage Products page use the filter (top left) to filter by linked quantity
2. Find the product you want to edit and under Total quantity, click the link icon
3. On the pop-up, update the total quantity or unlink as desired.
Now you've linked and merged products in Expandly, you might want to:
Need more help?
If you need a little extra help, no problem. Contact us, and we'll talk you through the steps.Contact us