In this guide, we will show you how to connect your Royal Mail Click & Drop account to Expandly, which will allow you to generate and print shipping labels via Expandly, for this carrier.
Please note: In order to print labels on Expandly, it is a requirement from Royal Mail that you provide your Royal Mail OBA account number. You can proceed with connecting RM C&D on Expandly without this account number, however once a label has been generated (using Expandly), you will not be able to print this out on the platform and instead would be required to log in to your RM C&D account, where the label(s) generated via Expandly, will be available for you to print.
Connecting Royal Mail Click & Drop to Expandly
1. Click Settings (left menu) and then click Shipping:
2. On your Manage Shipping Services page, click (top right)
3. On your Add Shipping Carrier page, within the Direct Integration section, click on the Royal Mail Click & Drop Logo:
4. On your Royal Mail Click & Drop Integration page, fill in all the mandatory information that is required within the Billing Details section:
Please note: You will be required to enter your Royal Mail OBA account number, in order to successfully generate and print shipping labels on Expandly.
You can proceed with connecting RM C&D on Expandly without this account number however Royal Mail will not allow Expandly to fetch the label once this has been generated. This means you can still generate labels via Expandly, but would be required to log in to your RM C&D account, to print any labels you have made on Expandly.
5. On your Royal Mail Click & Drop Integration page, within the Your Royal Mail Click & Drop Account Details section, add the following details:
Account Identifier - this is what you want the C&D account to be known as within Expandly and is useful to differentiate accounts, should you have multiple to connect
Royal Mail API Key - in order to obtain this, please log in to your Royal Mail Click & Drop account and follow the below instructions:
- Go to Settings (top right) and then click Integrations:
- On the Settings/Integrations page, click
- On the Add a new integration pop up, select the logo:
- On the Add a new integration pop up, add the following details and once done, click
Default Trading Name - Expandly
Integration name - Expandly - API
- Once the integration has been added, click on the Integration Name to obtain the Authorisation Key. Click the Copy to Clipboard icon to copy this and once done click (bottom right).
- Return to Expandly and paste the copied Authorisation Key into the Royal Mail API Key field:
6. Once all required information has been added to both the Billing Details and Your Royal Mail Click & Drop Account Details sections, click (top right).
7. Once successfully added, you will be returned to the Manage Shipping Services page, where you will see Royal Mail Click & Drop has been connected to Expandly, and is available for you to start generating and printing shipping labels.
Need more help?
If you need a little extra help, or would like more information on our Royal Mail Click & Drop integration, please get in touch and we will be more than happy to assist you.