In this guide, we will show you how to generate and print shipping labels for your sales orders, using Expandly.
Before you start
Before attempting to generate and print shipping labels on Expandly, you will need to connect your shipping carrier accounts. Our direct integrations include Royal Mail OBA, Royal Mail Click and Drop and DPD Local. More information on how to connect these up to Expandly can be found here.
Generating Shipping Labels
1. Click Sales Orders (left menu) and then click Manage Shipments:
2. On the Manage Shipments page, find the sales orders you wish to generate shipping labels for by using the filters and then use the left-hand tick box to select:
3. On the Manage Shipments page, within the Order Notes column, if there are any Order Notes associated with the sales order(s), the icon will be highlighted green - Simply click on this icon to open the Order Notes pop up and view:
4. On the Manage Shipments page, within the Country/Shipping Method column, it will show the Country and Shipping Method imported alongside the sales order from the sales channel:
The Country cannot be changed however you can edit the Shipping Method if you wish by clicking on the Shipping Method, which will open a text box for you to make the necessary change:
5. On the Manage Shipments page, within the Weight/Dimensions column, this will show any weight and dimensions associated with the sales order. If available, this will be brought in from the sales channels itself. If not, this will pull from the product instead (if this information has been added) or alternatively you can enter this manually:
Please Note: Setting up your default weight and dimension units can be done on Expandly, via your General Settings page. Please see the below Support Guide for more information:
Adding and managing your default weight and dimension units in Expandly – Expandly: Help & Support
6. On the Manage Shipments page, within the Shipping Carrier/Shipping Service column, select the relevant carrier and service from the drop-down:
Click the edit icon, to add any additional information and once done, click :
7. On the Manage Shipments page, within the Label Status column, it will show you the status of the label:
Create Label - click on this to create the label. This will open the Print Labels pop up, where you can select the Label Size from the drop-down and then click :
Needs Printing - this status will show if the label has been created but not printed. Click on 'Needs Printing' to open the Print Labels pop up, where you can select the Label Size from the drop-down and then click .
Printed - this status will show if you have already created and printed a shipping label. You can click on 'Printed' to open the Print Labels pop up, where you can select the Label Size from the drop-down and then click to print labels out again.
Please Note: If you have attempted to create a label and an error has been returned, this will be highlighted with a error icon. Simply click on this to open the Error Details pop up to view the error.
8. On the Manage Shipments page, within the Tracking Number column, once a label has been created and printed you will see either:
- The Tracking Number associated with the label - there will be a clickable link available here, to take you to the carrier website where you can track the item
- If there are no tracing details, this column will update to 'Shipped' instead
- Once the labels have been created/printed and the status has updated to Shipped, this will in turn update the status of the sales order on your Manage Sales Orders page too and will trigger for the status update to be pushed to the sales channel.
9. To add Weight/Dimensions, Carrier/Services and/or Create or Print labels in bulk, select the sales orders using the left hand tick box and then select your action within the drop-down (top right):
You are also able to Print Manifests (for Royal Mail) and Cancel Labels via the Bulk Actions drop-down should this be required.
Need more help?
If you need a little extra help - no problem! Please get in touch and we will be more than happy to assist you.