In this guide, we will show you how you can update your products in bulk, via a CSV Upload
Exporting your products from Expandly
1. Click Products & Listings (left menu) and then Manage Products:
2. On your Manage Products page, find the product(s) you wish to update using the search bar or filters and then select the product(s), using the tick box at the left-hand side:
3. Click Bulk Actions (top right)>Export and then on the pop-up, select the format (CSV) and then the Template you want to export your products in to. Once selected, click , which will start automatically downloading the file, which can be found in your downloads once complete:
Please Note: You are able to create custom CSV template via your Template Designer page. If no custom CSVs have been created, when exporting your products, you will only see the Products CSV/Text (Default) template available to select.
Editing your products in the CSV File
1. Make the required edits and changes to your products directly in the downloaded CSV File.
- When updating products via CSV, the Product ID must be included for all products. Please be sure not to make any changes to the Product ID field, as this will affect our ability to be able to update the products, when the file is uploaded.
- For variation products, please ensure that the ParentSKU is included on the file, as this will be required to ensure that we can map the changes made to the variation SKUs, back to the correct product
2. Once all changes have been made on the file, save this to your computer
Uploading the updated CSV file into Expandly
1. Click Products & Listings (left menu) and then Manage Products
2. On your Manage Products page, click Add Product (top right)>Upload Via CSV or TXT:
3. On your Upload Products via CSV or TXT page, you can either Drag and Drop the file in to the Drop Zone or you can manually select the file by clicking :
4. Once the file has been added, within the Upload Queue section, click :
5. If the file has been uploaded successfully, you will receive notification of this at the bottom right-hand side of the page. On average it should take 10-15 minutes for the changes to be uploaded to your products in Expandly however this is dependant on the file size, so this could take longer if there are high volumes of updates to the processed:
Need more help?
If you need more help, no problem. Contact us and we'll be happy to help.